Registration business trip to the Netherlands 2024
Operational Traffic Flow Management
Come learn how the Netherlands developed policy, implemented solutions, and operates the highly efficient, multimodal road network.
Knowledge exchange between the USA and The Netherlands benefits all. Putting the action behind the words, TNL is organizing a visit to The Netherlands to provide knowledge and experiences of how The Netherlands maximizes the use of urban infrastructure to serve multi-modal road users. The program includes all the facets; policy, implementation & operation. Activities include master classes facilitated by government officials, presentation from companies and universities and onsite visits.
Location: The Netherlands
Date: has to be decided
Program: has to be decided.
To get an impression of our business trip in 2023, see the program below.
Program previous edition (2023)
- Welcome by Jan van der Wel (CEO Technolution/TNL)
- Overview of program by Paul Hoekstra (TNL)
- Sustainable Mobility by Nanja Piek
(Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management)
- The Journey and lessons learned by Bas Govers (Goudappel)
- The Liveable city by Dorrith Dijkzeul (City of Rotterdam)
- Dinner at Restaurant de Zalm
“It was a once-in-a-lifetime learning opportunity that provided unique insight to how transportation could be effectively managed’’.
- The Liveable city by Paul van Koningsbruggen (Technolution)
- Vision of City of Stockholm by Maria Holm (City of Stockholm)
- Cycling and policy in the Netherlands by Chris Bruntlett (Dutch Cycle Embassy)
- European initiatives and proof of concept by Edwin Mein (TNL)
- Masterclass Traffic Management and Artifical Intelligence by Marco Rinaldi (TU Delft)
- Lunch with Masterclass Infrastructure design by Lennart Nout (Mobycon)
- Predictive Digital City Twin plat form by Bart Vuijk (TNO)
“I’ve been attending conferences and professional events in the United States and abroad for 26 years now. This event in the Netherlands was by far the best”.
- Operational Management by William Meijer (Technolution)
- City of Amsterdam tour and optional visit to Traffic Control Room
- Province of Noord-Holland by Jeroen Olthof (Province of Noord-Holland)
- Optional program by Coast to Coast in Zandvoort